new materials.
I read Scott McCloud's "Making Comics," and the "two dollar pen" he used to demonstrate just how easy it is to draw things with even the most rudimentary of tools. That "two dollar pen" is one that I've been suing for the past four years.
Well, I figured that I needed o expand m reportoire a bit. One of my problems, as far as putting things on paper, is my linework. Some people can get away with fine penwork - my cartoons and illustrations don't have that variance to stay very interesting. To me, anyway.
So I got a brush pen. McCloud listed some examples of works with it, and I figured it could add a new dimension for me.

What do you think?
Well, I figured that I needed o expand m reportoire a bit. One of my problems, as far as putting things on paper, is my linework. Some people can get away with fine penwork - my cartoons and illustrations don't have that variance to stay very interesting. To me, anyway.
So I got a brush pen. McCloud listed some examples of works with it, and I figured it could add a new dimension for me.

What do you think?

2 Comments:
I like it, it seems to be good for nice thick lines, as well as shading.
Yes indeed!
Post a Comment
<< Home